Northumbria University is one of the biggest universities in Britain, with approximately 32,000 students and 3,000 staff. Located in the vibrant Newcastle City, more than 10,000 new students are enrolled into Northumbria University annually. Newcastle City was voted the UK Best University City in 2009, 2010, 2011 by MSN Travel.
Northumbria's School of Design has produced some of the world's leading designers such as Sir Jonathan Ive who leads the design team responsible for the iMac, iPod and the iPhone, Tim Brown the CEO and president of IDEO, and Warren Trezevant who is a core member of the Pixar Studio Animation team and has worked on movies such as Finding Nemo, Monsters Inc, Toy Story and The Incredibles.
The City of Newcastle
Newcastle is one of the nicest traditional cities in Europe, with many of the buildings in its city centre considered as structurally and traditionally of value. Nearly one in seven of Newcastle’s residents are students, making it a very welcoming, lively, cosmopolitan and youthful city.
Newcastle is noted for its leisure venues, shopping, athletic facilities and cuisine. It has several theatres, cinema complexes, music and dance venues that include Tyneside Cinema, Theatre Royal and the Metro Radio Arena. The Royal Shakespeare Company is stationed at Theatre Royal for a period of time every year.
Newcastle has one of the most diversified and influential shopping venues, The Gate. The Gate is Newcastle’s leading leisure and entertainment hotspots, and has a multiplex cinema, sky bar and a multitude of restaurants and bars. A multitude of bars, restaurants, pubs and clubs can also be found from the classy Quayside to the stylish Osborne Road in Jesmond.
Newcastle is a city of events and leisure. Festivals held in Newcastle include the Free Festival, the Irish Festival and Europe's biggest travelling fair 'the Hoppings'. Newcastle also hosts the Great North Run - Europe's biggest large-scale road race with 50,000 runners taking part every September.
Newcastle has its own international airport with both domestic and international flights.
Why Choose Northumbria University?
Northumbria University has a big international student cohort with 3,000 students every year from more than 100 countries. It can be considered the most internationally diversified university in the Northeast of England.
First Class IT Support
Northumbria University has award-winning IT infrastructure such as School IT labs and Open Access IT areas. There are also casual IT areas spread out over campus including internet and learning cafes. Northumbria University students can link their personal laptops or phones anywhere on campus to Northumbria University’s free wireless network.
Vast Educational Resources
Northumbria University’s libraries offer access to over 500,000 books, 300+ databases, and over 30,000 journals. There is a specialized search program, Nora, to assist students in finding their way through the electronic resources.
Great Campus Infrastructure
Northumbria University has been investing very much these few years to provide modern and up-to-date facilities for its students. 5 million pounds have gone into renovating the Students' Union building. 30 million pounds have also been allocated into the building of an all-new sports facility. In addition, 100 million pounds have been put into Northumbria University's gorgeous City Campus East.
Job Advantage with Real Experience
The University has collaborations and ties with many major companies and organisations. Many of the courses taught at Northumbria University include industrial experience or work placement, which is greatly prized in the job industry. The Guardian University Guide 2011 rated its graduate employment rates to be 93.1%.
Applications from Singapore
Each year, more than 20 students studying in Singapore join the University. Popular courses include Design, Business, Built Environment, Electrical Engineering and Information Technology. The University will consider applications from Polytechnics for advanced entry to the Bachelor degree courses.
Northumbria University's Ranking
Information extracted from The Times Good University Guide 2015
Information extracted from The Guardian University Guide 2011
|Accounting and Finance||52||Education||13|
|Art and Design||21||Mathematics||23|
PreDeparture Talk 2013 for Singapore Students that was held in our office
Contact us for FREE ASSISTANCE to apply for Northumbria University!
Direct Application is possible thru appointed Official Agent in Singapore
- Architectural Design and Management
- Architectural Environmental Design
- Building Design Management
- Design for Industry
- Electronic Design Technology
- Multimedia Design
- Prof Prac St & Advice, Guidance & Counseling
- Transportation Design
- Business Administration
- Business and Management
- Business Information Systems
- Business Management
- Business Management with E-Commerce
- Business Studies
- Business Systems and Information Technology
- Business with E-Commerce / Environmental Management / Tourism
- Chemistry and Biology / Business Studies / Analytical Chemistry / Biochemistry / Biomedical Sciences / Chemical Engineering / Environmental Chemistry / Forensic Chemistry / French / German / Medicinal Chemistry / Spanish
- Computing for Business / Industry / Leisure
- E-Business Technology
- Modern Languages & Marketing / Tourism
- Spanish & Economics / English / German / Marketing / Politics / Sociology / Tourism
- Building Services Engineering
- Computer Aided Engineering
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Nursing Studies
- Tourism and the Environment
- Travel & Tourism Management
- Art History and English / Fine Art / History / Information Studies / Sociology
- Politics & Economics / Media Studies / Sociology
- Computer Studies
- Multimedia Computing
- Networking Information Systems
- Criminology and Social Research / Sociology / Employment Studies
- BSc (Hons) Occupational Therapy
- Architectural and Urban Conservation
- Architectural Technology
- British and American Cultures
- Building Project Management
- Building Surveying
- Commercial Quantity Surveying
- Construction Management
- Contemporary Language Studies
- Contemporary Photographic Practice
- Disability Studies and Childhood Studies
- Economics and Sociology
- Playwork & Social Welfare
- Quantity Surveying
- Real Time Systems Development
- Social Welfare and Social Work
- Social Work
- Applied Biology
- Applied Chemistry
- Biological and Food Sciences
- Biomedical Sciences
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry
- Psychology with Sport Science
- Social Sciences
- Sport Studies
- Planning & Development Surveying
UK Education offers independent thinking, give you the freedom to develop your ideas, make discoveries and develop real skills that employers are looking for. UK has produced more than 100 Nobel Prize winners, a testimonial that UK graduates are at the forefront of the creative and research industries With many renowned ancient Universities such Cambridge, Oxford, Edinburgh, UK is one of the most popular destination for further education for students all over the world.